We have a new FACS website. Let us know what you think

Domestic Violence

Domestic violence line (24 hours)1800 65 64 63 if you are in immediate danger call 000

Domestic violence image

Get help > Disability


If you have a disability and are a domestic violence victim there are services that can help you.

Your abuser could be your husband or partner, carer, parent, child, family member or someone else who shares your house. For more information see what is domestic violence? For pictures of what domestic violence looks like, see the Looking After Me kit or Women's Health NSW.

Disability Abuse and Neglect Hotline

To report abuse or neglect, call 1800 880 052.
For callers with hearing impairments, call 1800 301 130 to access the telephone typewriter (TTY) service.

Website: www.disabilityhotline.net.au

24 hour NSW Domestic Violence Line

For callers who are deaf or have a hearing impairment, please call 1800 671 442 to access the TTY service.

Australian Centre for Disability Law

Free call: 1800 800 708 (NSW only)
Phone: 02 8014 7000
TTY: 02 9211 5549
Email: adviceline@disabilitylaw.org.au
Website: disabilitylaw.org.au

Intellectual Disability Rights Service

Phone: 02 9318 0144
Free call: 1800 666 611
Website: www.idrs.org.au

People With Disabilities Australia

Free call: 1800 422 015
Phone: 02 9370 3100
TTY free call: 1800 422 016
TTY: 02 9318 2138
Email: pwd@pwd.org.au
Website: www.pwd.org.au

More help